Random RandomnessBy JT · · 12 Comments
Welcome to another week of this here articlecast here and after 3 years I’m quite amazed to sill be here and doing this since in my younger years I would’ve given this up by now. But I can happily say that I’m glad to be here and going (somewhat) strong. so without further ado lets get this show on the road:
1. I’m gonna go out on a lime and say that I thought RAW was pretty good for the most part. The Muppets were hit and miss. They had their good moments (who knew Sheamus and Beaker were related?) and bad ones (Statler and Waldorf) but it was a good night for RAW fot the most part.
2. Evan Bourne was suspended this week for a wellness violation. What will this mean for the tag titles? Does WWE even remember that they have tag team champions?
3. R.I.P. Andy Rooney.
4. Does anyone miss the NBA season? I sure don’t.
5. The new Megadeth album TH1RT3EN came out this week and is quite good, definitely worth checking out.
6. I also picked up the Lou Reed & Metallica collaboration LULU. Before I heard it I went online to se what people were saying about it and it was all bad, how it was the worst album ever. And this was from both Reed and Metallica fans. This didn’t get me too excited about it. But then I actually listened to it and I have to say that I like it, it’s good. Now having said that, if you should pick this album up take into consideration that this a Lou Reed album with Metallica as his backup band (per Lars) and that most of the music was recorded in only one take.
7. I apologize since I won’t be able to review ROH episode 6 since it disappeared from my DVR.
8. Ted DiBiase push take 3. How will WWE screw it up this time?
9. For those who don’t know, Epico is a Colon and is Primo and Carlito’s cousin.
10. We almost saw Daniel Bryan cash in his Money In the Back Briefcase. I’m glad he didn’t because we all knew that if it happened, he would’ve ended up the first to cash in and lose.
Well that’s all for now. Thanks again for reading and see you all next time.
Like this post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed today and never miss another!
9. I thought that Epico WAS Primo. That he's a cousin makes more sense, but good grief, he looks like Primo.
1. Finally, somebody agrees with me about this past Monday's RAW. Though, I'm not surprised it's you, JT, since we're pretty much identical. Which reminds me – Birthday Randomness next week!
2. I'm very VERY surprised they didn't drop them on SmackDown. Monday, I guess.
7. I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet. I may give it a shot when I get home if I'm awake enough. Which I probably won't be since I've been up for 17 hours right now and still have 7 1/2 hours left of work.
9. I was going to say that I KNEW Epico had to be a Colon, since he looked almost identical to Primo.
1. Statler and Waldorf could've been a great announce team for the Santino match.
2. I don't think they do remember, actually.
6. I remember when Metallica fans called "Load" the worst one of their albums.
10. I don't understand what the WWE is doing with this storyline, but agree that him cashing it in would have been a loss.
Indeed Birthday Randomness shall happen! My DVR recorded the episode of ROH but I must've blindly deleted it. I liked Load because me unlike most Metallica fans actually listen to the albums in whole before crapping on them. Hell I like the St. Anger album. I found out about Epico thru the WWI site since Matt Dawgs has been reporting about him in his article every week. I'm surprised you guys already didn't know about him.
Ah. I haven't read that site since I "left" it, which explains why I had no idea. All the same, how many Colons are there??? They could be like The Colony in CHIKARA.
I wasn't expecting anybody to get it from there. I know there is still hard feelings there, I just figured that if they were reporting on it, that it was out there and all of us knew. But hey, that's ok. I have no idea how many Colons there are.
I haven't really read their site in quite a while, but I'm still cool with everybody from there. Believe me, if it weren't for JG and his crew, we most likely would not be having this discussion right now.
I knew that there was another Colon in the 'E, but didn't realize Epico was his name going forward into this angle.
As for Matt Dawgs, I've been reluctantly scrolling through his stuff lately. In part due to his lack of spoiler warnings, and in part due to his gimmick being kind of lackluster with Impact lately…. if he posts anything at all. I realize that I am just as guilty as anyone of being jaded. But Impact isn't THAT terrible. I think I've come to accept the show for what it is. Austin Aeries and Kid Kash are brilliant lately, BTW.
I still remember when the H-Core's were shitting all over the Black album back in the day (I'm guessing you gents and ladies probably heard that too). It's funny with music pioneers… you invent a genre (or make it famous). Then if you decide to play within new genres, you're a sellout. But if you stick with the same thing over and over again, you're an uninspired hack. Meh. Metallica has nothing to prove, or apologize for. 🙂 I might criticize them in the future, and you can call me on it… at the end of the day, I'm more interested in their evolution regardless if I like it personally. Haven't heard the new stuff, but I'm sure some people were up in arms over Johnny Cash's version of Soundgarden's "Rusty Cage" from the Unchained album.
If you haven't heard that cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtbuUlSGXzc
You've hit it right on the nose with Metallica thought I never heard anybody trash the Black album, but that is when I got into the band. If you don't listen to Lulu that's fine since it's technically not an official Metallica release.
Quite honestly I got into them around Load. I was into – don't laugh – rap and r&b before my friends got me into metal. Of course, Justice ultimately became my favorite Metallica album to the point that I have Doris (the statue from the album cover, for the uninitiated) tattooed on my arm.
So did I. I mean the listening to rap and r&b part.
Two albums I bought before I really got into them? NIN "Broken" and A Tribe Called Quest "People's Instinctive Travels And The Paths Of Rhythm." I also saw MC Hammer back in the day before he just went as Van Hammer.